Eager to become a CED – Certified Event Designer?
Learn how to apply design thinking with the #EventCanvas, facilitate your team through the process and articulate the way your event creates value strategically or just approach events in a different way. Analysing stakes, design and prototype with like minded peers using the #EventCanvas as a visual language for events.
The Event Design Certificate Program is an immersive 3 day training course + 6 month coaching being delivered 19-21 August 2017 at Ryerson University in Toronto, Canada, 31 August – 2 September 2017 for Europe at the Amsterdam Advanced Graduate School of the University of Amsterdam and 11-13 January 2018 at San Diego State University (SDSU) campus in San Diego, CA, USA. (Request more information on EDC)
Successful participants will be granted the Certificate in Event Design along with 24 Continuing Education clock hours in domain G: Meeting & Event Design as defined by the Convention Industry Council CIC.
Level of training = Level 1, 2 and 3 of #EventCanvas Event Design Mastery
Date of EDC program Toronto = 19-21 August 2017 – Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada
Date of EDC program Amsterdam = 31 August – 2 September 2017 – Amsterdam Advanced Graduate School of the University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (click here for factsheet & full details)
Date of EDC program San Diego= 11-13 January 2018 – San Diego State University – San Diego, CA USA
Clock Hours = All successful program participants will be granted 24 continuing education clock hours in Domain G: Meeting & Event Design as defined by the Convention Industry Council (CIC)
Time of workshop = 09:00 – 17:00
Duration = 24 hours (3 training days including breaks & lunch)
Fees = The Event Design Certificate Program investment includes the complete enrolment in the EDC Certificate Program. The registration fees and details are mentioned in the registration system. These include the full educational program as well as coffee & tea breaks, snacks and lunch on the onsite days. Travel and hotel accommodations are to be booked by the participants individually. Download the EDC visual program here
EDC – Event Design Certificate Program:
Step 1 – Training to achieve the EDC Certificate of Attendance
- pre-course 90 minute webinar with participants and trainers
- immersive 3 day program, complete agenda will be available online – leading to the EDC certificate of attendance
- all program course materials
- an Executive Student Assistant per team to support you in your Event Design.
Step 2 – Application to achieve the EDC Certificate of Achievement and use the EDC acronym as a designation
- Using the #EventCanvas to document / design your case study
- 6 months to complete an #EventCanvas of an existing event with support of the #EventCanvas trainers online to achieve the EDC certificate of achievement and use the EDC acronym as a designation
- Post program online case study review session
Class sizes = for the Certificate in Event Design Program there is a minimum of 8 participants and maximum will be kept to 25 candidates to provide for optimum learning and networking opportunities.
Trainers & Content Provider= Event Model Generation
Venue, Registration and/or Logistics Partner= San Diego State University or Ryerson University, Toronto or University of Amsterdam
Distribution & Marketing Partner= Meeting Professionals International
Trainers (Live & Online) =
- Ruud Janssen, DES, CMM – co-founder Event Model Generation – creator #EventCanvas
- Roel Frissen, CMM – co-founder Event Model Generation – creator #EventCanvas
- Dennis Luijer – Story engagement Engineer Event Model Generation
- Executive Student Assistants as liaison to support you in your Event Design.
Trainer profiles = http://www.eventmodelgeneration.com/about/bios/
Participants will get a full scope of skills and techniques needed to understand and apply the #EventCanvas methodology. The training will provide ample knowledge, skills and tools to help participants better design their event and elevate the dialogue to include senior stakeholders and event owners. Ultimately participants will be equipped with the confidence and ability to articulate how the event is designed to create value for its stakeholders.
- Hands-on with the co-creators of the Event Canvas. Participants learn by listening, doing and interacting guided through level 1 2 and 3 of mastery.
- Newest Event Design concepts and the freshest visual thinking. Learn how visual thinking can help you articulate your events’ design.
- How to use it for prototyping and how to implement it in your next event designs and lead a team through the process.
After the EDC Program you will have:
- Learned about and applied a practical visual language and innovation process to describe, challenge, and design high stakes events
- ability to analyse and use powerful examples of event design, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations, membership based organisations and NGO’s and Governments .
- Tackled a core challenge of every organisation—enabling teams to design and create compelling events that participants want to attend and that create valued behaviour change for stakeholders.
- a sound understanding of the skills required to have the strategic conversation at the most senior levels and identified the next steps in skills development to be able to have these conversations with confidence.
- be part of a distinguished class of Certified Event Designer who have the CED designation and form a strong alumni community of Event Design Thought Leaders across the globe.
a comprehensive, step-by-step process that leads you through event designAmanda Armstrong, CMP, CED, Enterprise Holdings Director Corporate Travel & Meetings, San Diego, CA, USA, http://go.enterpriseholdings.com/
“The Event Canvas is a comprehensive, step-by-step process that leads you through event design wearing "stakeholder lens", so each decision reflects multiple views points resulting in desired outcomes.”
I highly recommend it!David Kliman, CED, Owner, The Kliman Group, Sonoma, CA, USA, klimangroup.com
“Highly usable strategic roadmap, easily customized and very suitable for use by professionals seeking to enhance their strategic impact on meeting content and flow. I was very curious to learn more about this and was very impressed with all aspects of the Event Design Certificate workshop. I highly recommend it!”
Hard to top #EventCanvas workshopGeert Behets, Director, Global Travel & Fleet Management - Global Purchasing at UCB Pharma, Brussels, Belgium, www.ucb.com
"The Event Canvas workshop that I attended was so good that it will be hard to top!"
GREAT tool for seasoned meeting plannersSue Gordon, CMP - Partner, EPIC Meetings & Events, San Diego, CA, USA, www.epic-meetings.com
“I think the #EventCanvas is a GREAT tool for meeting planners - especially seasoned planners who get in a "rut" of logistics and bottom-line finances.”
The better it is understood, the more likely a stakeholder will buy inTrina Sharp, CMP, CMM, CED, EVENT MANAGER, POINT B, PORTLAND, OR, USA - www.pointb.com
"The event design process is crucial to a successful event. The better it is understood, the more likely a stakeholder will buy in. The EDC class gives you the background you need to make it possible for you to be the event leader and possess the skills necessary to lead your team to a successful event! All event leaders should take this class."
Simple but powerfulAnnette Gregg, CMP, CMM, MBA - VP Conference Experiences, LPL Financial, Boston, MA, USA, lplfinancial.lpl.com
“I really like this simple but powerful #EventCanvas tool and feel it was missing in the marketplace. It helps project leaders create a business case for an event with the stakeholder in mind--it reminds us that customer- centric design is the best approach. “
enabler of the elevator speech that creates a “wanna know more” buzzRenita Carter, CED - Manager - National Urban League, New York, NY, USA, nul.iamempowered.com/
" The Event Canvas, enabler of the elevator speech that creates a “wanna know more” buzz."
Event Design Certificate Levels of Mastery #EventCanvas
Level 1 = Coordinate Application of #EventCanvas Basics #EventCanvas Basic skill set and awareness – Stakeholder awareness, analysis and behaviour mapping (Empathy Maps) and basic application of the #EventCanvas to articulate how the event can change behaviour of the stakeholders. Basic skills include ability to interpret and create an Event Canvas Boundary box and discuss stakeholder needs.
Level 2 = Manage Event Design using the #EventCanvas Familiarity with the#EventCanvas as a User Interface – Prototyping and application of the canvas to discuss, prototype and make informed decisions using the Event Canvas as a compass for the team to create impactful events with informed team team members having used the process previously. Application of the Event Simulator, a toolkit with facilitation cards to enable team collaboration on creating events using the #eventCanvas.
Level 3 = Direct Event Design & Facilitation of a team through the #EventCanvas process Application of the #EventCanvas as an Experience Interface – Prototyping and application of the canvas to facilitate a team alignment, discussion, prototyping and decision making using the Event Canvas as a compass for the team to create impactful events. Ability to guide a team through the process. Ability to articulate Jobs to done into actionable objectives per participant that enable Event ROI measurement post event. Ability to guide a team through the process and lead the way to a successful design. Besides the personal skill set, the facilitator can use the Event Simulator, a toolkit with facilitation cards to enable team collaboration on creating events using the #EventCanvas. This EDC Level 3 program brings you to Level 3 of application and after successful submission of your design project and positive review, we award the CED – Certified Event Designer Designation.